Twelve UAAP and NCAA juniors beefed up the Energen Pilipinas under-18 team set to compete in the 22nd Fiba Asia U18 Championship next week in Mongolia.
The 12-man lineup are:
- Jerie Pingoy - Far Eastern University (UAAP juniors 2012 MVP)
- Kris Porter - Ateneo de Manila University
- Gideon Babilonia - Ateneo de Manila University
- Jay Alejandro - National University
- Hubert Cani - National University
- Jay Javelosa - Reedley International
- Prince Rivero - La Salle Green Hills
- Rey Nambatac - Letran (Former NCAA juniors MVP)
- Mario Bonleon - La Salle Green Hills
- Kyle Suarez - University of the Philippines
- Mark Olayon - University of the East
- Kent Lao - University of Santo Tomas
“We’re more experienced. We’re in the toughest group, so we’ll need their experience and strength in going up against bigger opponents.” national youth headcoach Olsen Racela said.
Group D (preliminary round) - scheduled on August 17 to 26 in Ulaanbaatar:
- Iran (2-time Champions)
- Kazakhstan (2008 Runner-Up)
- Saudi Arabia
The 16-nation Fiba Asia U18 Championship serves as a qualifier for the Fiba U19 World Championship set in Czech Republic from June 27 to July 7, 2013.
Please Feel FREE to SHARE this post with your FRIENDS...